Bundle.tv is not affiliated with Comcast and is operated by DirectStarTV, a DIRECTV authorized dealer.
Comcast is America’s biggest cable television service, providing digital TV to more than 21 million customers. The Philadelphia-based company sells TV programming packages through its Comcast Cable division and also offers products such as high-speed Internet, telephone and electronic security.
See the sections below for an overview of Comcast packages and features, a Comcast business profile and other information about the company.
Comcast Business Profile
Comcast began in 1963 with the founding of American Cable Systems in Mississippi. Six years later, the company reincorporated in Pennsylvania as Comcast Corporation. Since 2011, the company’s residential services have been offered under the XFINITY brand. Services for commercial clients are provided through the subsidiary Comcast Business.
Comcast Packages: TV Programming
XFINTY TV offers several Comcast packages, including the following:
- Limited Basic: 10+ channels, including local programming
- Digital Economy: More than 45 cable channels, such as Discovery, A&E and CNN
- Digital Starter: 140+ channels, including ESPN, MTV and Nickelodeon
- Digital Preferred: A lineup of 220+ channels, including the premium network ENCORE®, NFL Network and MLB TV
- Digital Premier: More than 260 channels, including STARZ®, HBO®, Cinemax® and SHOWTIME®
The selection of Spanish-language packages includes XFINITY TV 150 Latino (130+ channels), XFINITY TV 200 Latino (150+ channels), XFINITY TV 300 Latino (190+ channels) and XFINITY TV 450 Latino (200+ channels).
All packages are backed by the Comcast Customer Guarantee™. Select packages include features such as the Sports Entertainment Package and the XFINITY TV Go app for viewing on mobile devices.
Availability of Comcast Packages
The company’s service area covers portions of 40 states, so the availability of Comcast packages and Comcast bundles depends on location. Consumers can check for local service on the XFINITY website.
COMCAST XFINITY Internet Packages
In addition to cable TV, Comcast also offers cable Internet under the XFINITY brand. Internet packages vary in download speeds, but each includes features such as Constant Guard™ and XFINITY Connect. The Performance and Blast!® packages include access to millions of Wi-Fi hotspots across the country.
Choices for high-speed Internet may include:
- Economy Plus: Download speeds up to 3 Mbps
- Performance Starter: Download speeds up to 6 Mbps
- Performance: Download speed up to 25 Mbps.
- Blast!®: Download speeds up to 105 Mbps
- Extreme 505: Download speeds up to 505 Mbps
Bundled Comcast Packages: TV and Other Home Services
Comcast offers bundles with different combinations of home services. Choices include XFINITY Double Play and XFINITY Triple Play bundles.
XFINITY Double Play
Double Play Bundles can include TV-Internet or Internet-voice. Spanish-language programming packages are available with some TV-Internet bundles. The selection may include:
- Internet Plus: 10+ channels, up to 25 Mbps download speeds
- Blast Plus: 45+ channels, up to 105 Mbps download speeds
- Digital Starter & Performance Internet: 140+ channels, up to 25 Mbps download speeds
- Preferred SurePrice Double Play: 220+ channels, up to 25 Mbps download speeds
- Digital Premier & Performance Internet: 260+ channels, up to 25 Mbps download speeds
TV-Internet upgrades include X1 Starter Double Play and X1 Preferred Double Play, both with the X1 Entertainment Operating System®.
- Performance Internet & XFINITY Voice Unlimited®: Unlimited nationwide talk and text, up to 25 Mbps download speeds
XFINITY Triple Play
Triple Play bundles include TV, Internet and Voice service. The selection includes options such as:
- Starter: 140+ channels, download speeds up to 105 Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text
- HD Preferred: 220+ channels, download speeds up to 25 Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text
- HD Preferred Plus: 230+ channels, download speeds up to 105 Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text
- HD Premier: 260+ channels, download speeds up to 105 Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text
- HD Complete: 260+ channels, download speeds up to 105 Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text
Triple Play upgrades may include X1 Starter Triple Play and X1 Preferred Plus Triple Play, both featuring the X1 Entertainment Operating System®.
Comparing Comcast Packages with Other TV Options
The alternatives to Comcast packages include programming packages from satellite television providers such as DIRECTV. Some comparison shopping and thorough evaluation will help you make the best choice for television service, so don’t forget to do your homework.
Sources and Research:
Data collected 7/7/2015 from http://www.xfinity.com/ and http://corporate.comcast.com/
Updated on 07/07/2015